Welcome to Manipur SFAC

Manipur, one of the easternmost border states of India having 22,327 geographical area is within the “Indo-Burma” centre of biodiversity hotspots of global significance and is surrounded to the east by Myanmar (Burma) to the north by Nagaland, to the West by Assam and to the south by Mizoram. The state lies between the 23º 80’ N – 25º 68’ N and 93º 03’ E -94º 78’ E. The State is divided into nine districts of which five districts are in the hills comprising 90% of the total area of the State and the remaining four valley districts constitutes 10% of the area. However, out of 27,21, 756 recorded as per 2011 Census, 60% of the total population of the state have been concentrated in the four valley districts of the state.

The state experiences monsoon rainfall with an average annual rainfall of 1430 mm and temperature ranging from 1º C to 39º C in a temporal cycle. The mean of the daily humidity is highestduring the month of July-Sept; which varies from 80-96% and differs from place to place. The impact of terrain diversity, altitudinal variation ranging from 20m above msl the lowest altitude (Barak Valley range of Jirbam Sub-Division,Imphal East District) to 2,995 m above msl (Mt.Dinifu, Mao in Senapati District) the highest altitude and river regime have become eloquent in the seasonal variability ranging from tropical montane, deciduous, temperate types of climate from one place to another, thereby contributing to presence of a large number of biological diversity in the state.

Our high Valued Plant bioresources

Passion Fruit :

The fruit is valued for its high medicinal value coupled with flavour and aroma for fresh juice…….

Primary & Processed Products

Organic Turmeric :

Organic Turmeric with high Curcumin ranging from 5.6 to 6.5% certified by onecert Asia Agri Certification Pvt.Ltd……..

About us

MSFAC is an autonomous body of the Govt. which aims at catalyzing multidisciplinary agro-based activities.

Search Tag

Agriculture Manipur.Agribusiness Manipur,Manipur Medicinal Plants, Aromatic Plants, Essential oil, Organic Ginger, Turmeric, Spices

Contact us

Manipur Small Farmers’ Agri Business Consortium, Directorate of Agriculture Manipur,Imphal East 795001,Manipur (India)

Close Menu